I am so excited. Hunkered down here at the Jive HQ (Club Fed), our whole team has been cranking like never before. Engineering, Marketing, Product, Sales, you name it -- everyone has been heads down building, testing, re-mixing, and giving feedback on our Clearspace platform. We've been sitting on the 2.5 beta here for a month or two, and it is hands-down our best release ever. You can tell by how pumped everyone is here internally. We are so excited we literally bumped launch from September into August, effectively taking our launch runway from 5+ weeks to 2 (kind of a masochistic move). We just want to get it out there for everyone to get their hands on. I honestly can't imagine ever working for a company that doesn't have some kind platform like this to add a "social productivity" layer to its business underpinnings.
Ok, so what is so cool? Here's some highlights:
- Brand new text editor that can handle images and streaming video like butter. Drag, drop, re-size, publish. Never been easier (and you know that's what it takes to drive user adoption).
- Dynamic search that guesses what you are after as you type (broken out by Content, People, and Spaces). I barely need to even go to a search results page anymore.
- Social networking all over the place, including status updates, friends, groups, people search, etc. I mean really, Facebook for the enterprise. But a lot less spammy.
- Theming console for dummies. Now you don't need to know java or struts or freemarker (or whatever you needed to know) -- there's just a UI in the admin console, like popular consumer CMS/blogging platforms. And if you want to get ninja, there's an example CSS kit that you download, modify, and re-upload. Smooooth.
Anyway, go and check it out for yourself:
- Clearspace - connect employees with a comprehensive social productivity collaboration solution
- Clearspace Community - build customer communities and integrate your other online marketing channels (like SEO).